[Gpdd] Misc - finally I get the master/slave thing...

Suzy Dünser suzy at dunser.com
Thu Sep 4 15:54:45 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I don't know if I mentioned this, but we had a pretty cold (for
Auckland) and very wet winter here, so I moved Rocky inside a couple
of months ago. He's in a smaller cage, but overall I think it's better
for him since he's on his own now (I mean, since Cocoa went to the
bridge) - he's in the living room (no protest from Tom yet, knock
wood!) and he sees everything going on, we pick him up more, etc. He
seems happy. He's gotten a lot more used to being petted and handled,
too, which is great.

However. He's clicked that the purpose of my existence, especially if
I'm near the kitchen (which he can see clearly - he's very central),
is to get him more food. I have taken to always having a bag of grass
in the refrigerator (doesn't everybody?), so I'm not giving him fruit
or anything more calorific, but I find it very hard to resist the
commanding wheeks he delivers, sitting on top of his house and staring
at me! He's still just short of LAPS, but for how long? Can one
overfeed a piggie on grass? He has pellets in his bowl, but doesn't
like them as much, and also always has hay and water, not to mention
the odd piece of cardboard, so it's not that he's starving.

So... is this okay? Do any of you actually ignore the master's calls?
After about 10 at night I do tell him to go to bed, but before that I
have to admit I'm sort of spoiling him rotten. Please advise!

Cheers and wheeks from Suzy and Rocky
and Cocoa in our hearts