[Gpdd] "piglets"

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 18 17:14:04 EDT 2008

Hello Everyone on the Digest,
Great news indeed to share. Last nite  our little Miss Amelia (our pg rescue pig) wanted to be held and pet by Andy for over an hour. Now that's a true record for her to want to be held and cuddled with out needing to go potty for that long. I thought something is up for sure. Her little tummy was wiggling like crazy, and I kept thinking.. "I bet there is more than three babies in there poor little girl" Well at 3 am this morning something woke me up.. I went in to where Amelia's cage is and she was walking around her cage making strange little squeaky noises looking all nervous. I pet her and told her how much I loved her and how beautiful she was, and what a great momma she will make, just trying to calm her down. Well as I talked to her, she reached down below and tugged a bit and proceeded to pull out a little white and black baby:)  It was the most amazing thing to witness.  Then she cleaned that baby off and in less than 10 mins she pulled
 again and out came a multi-colored brown, black and white baby.  She then worked on cleaning that baby off.  I  do think it was little Amelia's guardian angle that woke me up.  I was truly blessed to be able to witness the births.  They are all doing well. It amazes me how those little babies can become so active in such a short time indeed. We are hoping that the babies are girls so they can stay with their mommie. We don't have names yet.. but as soon as they whisper their names to us I will let you all know. Just had to share in our joy that two new little   piglets have joined our crazy misfit group.
have a great weeeekend to you all:)
Jean & Andy and our misfits 14!