[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Sheba

Nichelle Nelson rejoice_first_lady at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 14:51:36 EDT 2009

I sadly announce the passing of my sweet piggy, Sheba.

I bought Sheba on the 1-year anniversary of the death of my firstborn daughter.  Sheba helped to ease my grief by giving me something tiny to love (not that my other children weren't sufficient).  When I began to study to become a medical transcriptionist, she was my late night study buddy.  When I began to work at night as a transcriptionist, she stayed up with me and demanded snacks when she knew it was time for me to go to work.  She was a very smart alec and sassy piggy and always had to have the last wheek.

On Saturday afternoon while   changing her cage, my son noticed her lethargy.  We began the vigil of sitting with her until she breathed her last breath right about midnight.  My 9yo daughter was sitting with me and we cried together.  She was only 4 when we got Sheba so she has no memory of Sheba not being with us.

I told my husband that I could not bear the thought of going to work on Sunday night with an empty cage behind me, so after church we went and adopted a new family member.  We are now slaves to a very tiny and rambunctous piggy named Solomon.  He is very sweet and I'm glad he's here, but my heart still grieves for my beloved Sheba.

Nichelle

Mommy to Adrienne (12/25/89 - 1/15/03, http://www.caringbridge.org/tx/adrienne ), Brandice, Tre' and Charis

Rejoice! Christian Academy Homeschool