[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE Sam Piggyfriend

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Apr 15 07:54:22 EDT 2009

I am very sad to announce that my dear old Sam Pig has left us for the Rainbow Bridge.

I had resolved not to announce any more departures as, with such a large herd of piggies, these happen all too frequently here at Piggyfriends and I know that some members may find their stories as sad to read as I am to type them but Sam was a SCAMP and, as his story is on the SCAMPs blog,  I feel that, this time, I should complete it.

You can see the story of how he became a Piggyfriend here  http://scamps-gpdd.blogspot.com/search/label/Piggyfriends It is the last but one on the page.

We used to celebrate his birthday on May 1st. along with the Ginger Girls but I never really knew his age as he arrived as an adult in 2004 and he could well have been older than "almost 6".

Sam never got on with any other piggies, not even the group of sows with whom I first tried to introduce him although he loved to chat to the neighbours in the pens on either side of his. He was a real people pig and loved to have a cuddle.

He loved the finer things in life like cucumbers, tomatoes and dandelions. He had been failing for the last couple of weeks and I knew that time was catching up with him. He was not ill but just wanted to sleep more and more. I supplemented his diet with syringe feeding, which he was happy to take but always fell asleep in the middle of it and I was not surprised to find one morning that he had passed away peacefully in the night.

There is another pigture of him on the LAPS site, although he never quite made it to LAPS weight. Here is the link http://www.flickr.com/photos/guineapigfancy/525763500/

Sam, you were a wondeful Piggyfriend and I will always love you. R.I.P. dear little man.

Gone to find the very many Piggyfriends past waiting at the Bridge. Maybe now you will get on with them all and be their friend.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.