[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE Condolences for Baby Bear

Debbie Jones pals4pets at cheerful.com
Sat Apr 25 13:02:07 EDT 2009

John and Poppy We were so very, very sorry to hear that your precious
Baby Bear had finally lost her long, hard struggle for life and departed
for the Rainbow Bridge. We have all been there so many times, with these
beloved little piggies who become ill, then seem to rally, then become
weak again, and of course we try everything we can, wanting to trust that
the vets know what they are doing and can make them well again. Sometimes
it just is not to be, and in spite of everyone's very best efforts, the
piggie just slides steadily downhill, plunging us on that heart-wrenching
roller-coaster between hope and despair. We have been in that same
situation, wondering whether we should make that last sad journey to the
vet to help our treasured companion to begin that final journey to The
Rainbow Bridge, and it is never easy to know whether one has made the
right decision - although personally, we tend to think that, if the slave
truly loves the piggie, they know which decision is right for that
piggie. We always hope they will enjoy just one last meal, just one last
day on the grass in the sun, just one more cuddle, but the last
inevitably has to come, and the sadness of that can never be escaped. We
have felt those hip bones through the fur of a tubby-tummed piggie, and
known that the eagerly relished food is not sustaining them as it should
- it is so hard to observe the gradual but inevitable demise. We know
there are no words we or anyone else can offer than can take away your
grief, but we also know, from experience, that it can help just a little
to know that there are people all over the globe, members of this caring
gpdd community, who genuinely do understand what you are going through,
and who are remembering you in their thoughts and prayers. Please count
us among them. We hope that a new friend can be found for Poppy, even if
she can only live as a next door neighbour initially, as if she has had a
piggie companion for so long, she is bound to feel bereft without one.
Here's hoping your local shelter or rescue will have just the little
character you are looking for. Run free from illness and pain in that
Rainbow Meadow, little Baby Bear, reunited with your Mama and the other
friends who have gone before - there seem to be a lot of gpdd new
arrivals there right now. Debbie and the 6 Dolly Mixtures

  For the animal shall not be measured by man.
  In a world older and more complete than ours
  they move finished and complete, gifted
  with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained,
  living by voices we shall never hear.
  They are not brethren, they are not underlings;
  they are other nations, caught with ourselves
  in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners
  of the splendour and travail of the earth".
  Henry Beston

--
It's News. It's Reviews. It's Interviews. It's Free. What Are You Waiting For?
www.movieline.com