[Gpdd] health: urgent -herbies back legs out!

svetooshka at aol.com svetooshka at aol.com
Thu Apr 30 17:22:10 EDT 2009

greetings to all gpdd family and furrie friends!

herbie, kerbie are my two cutie gps!? herbie- white short hair -? is around 6 yrs old; kerbie around 3 years.

we ahve been part of thsi list for some time but not in any disciplined way due to irregular internet access.

i email you all today for an URGENT care matter.

im not sure if this is similar issue suffered by birdie's spunky. but i
know hte love and caring of this group will pull herbie out of her
misery.

here is the situation.? we thank you in advance for all support!? we are in nyc, new york and number is 718-939-2073 (h)

few weeks ago, we noticed herbie not moving around as much as she used to.? (they are both free range.)

Her toosh started to get matted wtih her pee and poop.? We were
cleaning it with baby shampoo everyday.? she also was losing hair in
the area and getting inflamed.

she was also dragging her back feet a little bit but not much.? Still walking around fine but not as much.

Yesterday, I took her to her vet.? She took an xray.? It revealed she has arthritis.? =(? and 3 stones in her bladder.

She gave her Metacam - .15 cc once a day; and Trimethoprim Sulfa - .4
cc twice a day (this is for the infected area near her anus)

She started her meds at the vet.

Last nite and all day today - she barely moves.? She definitely has an
appetite and has lively eyes.? BUT NO movement.? she is peeing and
pooping in one place. She will stretch her upper body to get food from
a plate placed nearby but not getting up and moving around - sniffing
for mroe food as she usually would do! =(((

This is a DRASTIC diffrence from before goign to the vet and after.

What happened?? did she react to the meds?? how the sudden paralysis?

Please advise on what to do!!!? i want her strength to come back!?

thank you, thank you, thank you,

shweta