[Gpdd] MISC O/T Sam the koala

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Aug 6 13:33:54 EDT 2009

Julie,

I read this sad story on the BBC news this morning. The news article said that she was having surgery to remove cysts connected to chlamydia, which is apparently present in half the koala population but during the surgery it was found that she was much more ill than they had suspected and the sad decision had to be made to put her to sleep.

I don't know how long the link to the news will last but here it is for those of you who read the digests individually rather than wait for a whole batch.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8186991.stm

So sad.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.