[Gpdd] HEALTH - Donald and his teeth...

Stephen Bradley chiefoperator1 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 28 23:48:05 EDT 2009

Oh Julie!

We were so very awfully sorry to hear about Donald.  After what you did for Archie, if anybody deserved years and years of trouble-free life with their other pigs, it was you.

I wish I had more suggestions to offer you; we've been pretty lucky as far as problems with pigs and teeth, so we don't have much experience in that area.

When our boys are on Baytril, we always make sure to give them pro-biotics too, but I'm sure you already know about that -- and with Baytril, I worry more about it making them lose their appetite, anyway.  We also try to cut back to absolute basics as far as diet when the pigs are having troubles, and for us, that means no grass for them, because we're just not sure the grass from our yard is really free of chemicals and stuff.

I never heard of a pig eating dried pine needles, but I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that if he's eating them, you probably want to keep letting him do that, just to keep in the habit of eating.  (I don't actually know how many it would be safe for him to have.)

I'm sorry it took me so long to catch up on your message, but we hope with all our hearts that things have gotten better in the mean time.  Please let us know how he's doing, and we will keep you in our thoughts and in our hearts,

Steve and Ginger and the new pigs, Bumper, Brownie, and Cuddles,
with Niles and Butterscotch and Clover and poor, dear Mr. Mike in our hearts always