[Gpdd] HEALTH: Baby Truffles update

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 1 03:11:33 EST 2009

Baby Truffles has had a bunch of problems to deal with these past few days.  She's still on the course of panacur which seems to be working since she's now producing pellets.  They're small though because now, she's not eating much.  You can tell she wants to eat because she picks up a piece of lettuce but then drops it.  She nearly sticks her nose into the lettuce but doesn't eat any.

We thought she might be having some pain.  Michael filed down, briefly, a tooth, because it seemed uneven.  Even trimmed her front teeth.  She is not drooling.  So we gave her some ibuprofen.

We took her to a different vet today who examined her teeth with an otoscope and said that everything looks fine.  He also did an x-ray and said he doesn't see anything wrong.  He thought it might be the roots of her teeth causing her pain but he said they look fine in the x-ray.  While examining her, when he felt her chin/throat area, she made a crying sound.  So he said it's tender there.  He thinks that perhaps she hurt herself somehow in that area.  So he said to give her metacam (.15 ml) twice a day for five days and give her soft food only, such as we had already been doing (critical care).

Does anyone have any further ideas about what this might be or how we can help her?  Of course, we want to help Baby Truffles as much as we can.

Many thanks!

Corrine and Michael