[Gpdd] HEALTH: Baby Truffles' progress, and now, Blossom

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 1 16:10:56 EST 2009

Hello everyone and everypig!  Well, we can't figure out what the problem is.  But now, Blossom also seems to have the runs.  We can tell she knows that her baby isn't feeling well, because now Blossom doesn't eat much, nor drink much, and seems depressed.  Blossom will nibble on their fresh foods but there is still a big pile left over.  She nuzzles Baby Truffles and looks genuinely concerned.  I hope I'm not doing her wrong, but I try to slip small pieces of fresh food into Baby Truffles' mouth to get her to eat fresh foods.  She takes it but I think after awhile her mouth/jaw must get sore.  We figure she must not feel too good because of all the meds she's on.  She has her metacam after breakfast and dinner times.  And her panacur after lunchtime (two more doses to go).  I try to give her BeneBac once a day.  Also, the Oxbow Vit C tab once a day.  Not sure if I'm helping any.

She doesn't seem to care for the critical care too much.  We've tried both flavors (original and apple banana).  We also syringe her water.  She does seem to try to eat, going to her bowl and she seems to be munching on hays.  Not sure how much she's eating there, but she does produce a bunch of pellet poos, although they're rather small in size, meaning that she's not getting enough to eat.  Plus, sometimes they're pointed on one end, so if we remember correctly, that means she's not getting enough fluids.

When we put Baby Truffles on the floor, she goes walking all over the place.  When she's in her pen, she is alert, but mostly, she seems to be resting.  Of course, we think she does need her rest.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas what could be going on, we would be most appreciative to hear them.

Thanks,

Corrine and Michael