[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <anal impaction>

lawdude101 at aol.com lawdude101 at aol.com
Sat Dec 19 01:38:11 EST 2009

Hello to all people and to all Piggies.  It's been a very long time  since
I've written (and written any stories, too!), but I've been raising  my
Piggies, now with Rough and Ready.  Both are boars, and they get their  names
because "Rough" has very coarse, tan fur, and "Ready" because of the town  in
Northern California, Rough and Ready.

They're Rescue Piggies (the only kind to get), about 3 years old. About 3
days ago, I took out Rough for some floor time and his back end was pretty
large.  He was severely impacted.  I followed Peter Gurney's advice in
removing it by "massaging" it out, and was successful.  Tonight, I was  cleaning
their cage, and Rough had the same problem.  I did the same thing,  and was
successful.  Mr. Gurney was careful to say that this problem can be  fatal
if not attended to promptly.

What's going on here?  Any suggestions?  Rough & Ready get  pellets,
corn-on-the-cob (with husk), lettuce, carrot.

Glen, Rough and Ready, and loving memory of Midnight & Twilight.