[Gpdd] Health: Bumblefoot

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Dec 31 14:24:32 EST 2009

Poor Tuesday.

It is years since I had to treat a piggy with Bumblefoot  (
Pododermatitis ). I can vividly remember soaking Snowflake's foot in Epsom
Salts. Snowflake came to Piggyfriends already suffering from this horrible
condition as well has having heart problems and I never did clear it up
satisfactorily. A long course of antibiotics - I believe that it was Baytril
in those days -reversed the infection which had spread up her little leg.
Sadly, she came to me too late. Such a sweet girl.

There's a lot of info on GuineaLynx if you have not already seen this.

http://www.guinealynx.info/pododermatitis.html

I cannot see any reason why you should not alternate the soaks in Hibiclens
with the Epsom Salts and see which has the better effect but I am no expert.
Hopefully other Digesters will have experience of this condition and can
offer their thoughts.

Good luck little Tuesday.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.