[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Murphy

Debbie Jones pals4pets at cheerful.com
Sun Feb 1 08:15:29 EST 2009

  Michael

  We were so very sorry to hear of Murphy's departure to The Rainbow
  Bridge. Surely I can't be the only gpdd slave who's got to the point
  where she wants to cry, "Enough already!" It seems every digest seems
  to announce the departure of yet another of our dear little furbies -
  what a depressing way to begin a year. This ear infection sounds
  terrible, and I am reminded of reports of "head tilt" that I used to
  read about affecting rabbits who were infected by the e-coli virus -
  no doubt rabbit slaves like Dana here in our gpdd community could
  throw some light on that? Can piggies get e-coli?

  We are sure Murphy will have known how much he was loved, and he put
  up a good fight to stay with you. We are only too familiar with that
  feeling of hope that comes when a piggie seems to be rallying after a
  serious illness, only to relapse again shortly afterwards. Nursing a
  sick piggie can be like riding a roller coaster, and really takes its
  toll on the emotions. We are sure you did the right thing in
  eventually helping him leave all his pain behind, and he will now be
  popcorning through that lush green meadow at The Rainbow Bridge with
  those many masters of all of us who have gone before.

  Nothing we can say will ease your pain, but may you find some comfort
  in the fact that piggie slaves all over the globe understand just
  what misery you are enduring, and wish you well.

  Debbie and the 8 Dolly Mixtures

"We patronize them for their incompleteness,
for their tragic fate of having taken a form so far below ourselves.
And therein we err, and greatly err.
For the animal shall not be measured by man.
In a world older and more complete than ours
they move finished and complete, gifted
with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained,
living by voices we shall never hear.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings;
they are other nations, caught with ourselves
in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners
of the splendour and travail of the earth".
Henry Beston

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses