[Gpdd] [MISC.] Thank you from Golden's Family & Condolences

Sherry B. cavyfriend at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 02:32:19 EST 2009

Dear Friends,

We would like to thank everyone for the many kind messages, both those sent
privately or posted here on the digest, that we received after the passing
of our sweet Golden. It has been very sad here, and your messages have meant
so much, and been such a source of comfort. I wish I could say that I have
made peace with myself for allowing him to be euthanized, but I still have
doubts. I still wonder if something else could have been done to help him.
After all, Little Suzy was in a similar condition and she is still with us
today. I wonder if I should have asked the vet to give Golden a lasix
injection, the same as Suzy received, and to which she responded so
well. Might he still be alive today if I had? Would it have been wrong of me
to ask? I just keep thinking of the conversation that night...and the more I
do the more doubts I have. I know...it's pointless, all this
questioning after the fact. I hope that some day I can think of something
positive that came out of this horrible experience. Right now my one
consoling thought is that I did what I thought was best for Golden at the
time because I loved him and didn't want him to go on suffering if there was
no hope. And the vet that night offered us no hope. I guess no good comes of
beating one's self up over what might have been. I do have the most
wonderful memories of Golden, and these are what I want to focus on. He
could always make me smile. :o)

To all who have lost a precious piggie family member recently...and I know
there have been a few since Golden left us...we offer our heartfelt
condolences. We are thinking of you...

Warmly,
Sherry & the Piggie Pals
With Golden and all of the Piggie Pals who went on before him forever in our
hearts.