[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Bladder Rupture

Sherry B. cavyfriend at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 21:49:58 EST 2009

Dear Steve & Ginger,

Thank you for letting us know about what happened with your precious Mike T.
Pig. It was heartbreaking to read about it, and I cringe even more when I
think of all the times that a few of my piggies have had their bladders
pressed in an attempt to get a urine sample. Especially my Sweetheart, who
also had a thickened bladder wall. Once when the vet tried to express some
urine what came out was almost pure blood. I was horrified when I saw it,
but she was such a stoic little girl and she hid her pain well. Mike T. Pig
must have done the same.  Most often, my piggies are so nervous by the time
they have been weighed and had their temperatures taken that they pass urine
all over the examination table, which our vet then picks up with a syringe.

We are so very sorry that this happened to Mike T. Pig. Our hearts go out to
you. Thank you so much for sharing his story.

With deepest sympathy,
Sherry & the Piggie Pals