[Gpdd] misc: question on long hair piggies

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 12 10:25:28 EST 2009

Hello Fellow Piggie Pals,
Just updating my self on reading the digest. I get behind sometimes and its hard to catch up.
Deepest sympathies to all who have lost a dear furbaby.. and it seems there is alot lately. So sad for each and everyone of you, as their little paws stay forever in our hearts.
Question.. we have two new additions to our misfits... We adopted a little 2 1/2 year old piggie we named Anastasia. The problem is .. she is a long haired piggie.. And I have never had a long haired piggie before.  So any and all suggestions on keeping her clean would be great. We have her on fleece bedding now. and she seems to be doing well. She has a little cage mate we also adopted named Athena.  She "Plays" mommie with Athena. as Athena is a very young one indeed. I have been brushing Anastasia hair nightly... it doesnt seem to get any tangles in it.. but she has such long hair..
Am I supose to cut her hair a certain way? certain lenght? It is long long long.... the little Athena loves to bury herself in it.. so cute. Do I need to wash her because of the long hair? I must say the long hair does give her a certain personality that I have never seen in any of our other piggies. thanks for any advice on this little Diva...
Jean and the many misfits:)