[Gpdd] BG not eating hay and a little down in the dumps

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Sun Feb 22 15:29:16 EST 2009

Dear all

I really hope you can help my gp BG.

He and his brother Artie are both 6 years old and are having problems with
their back molars arching over.  Vedra at CCT has told me they will need to
be trimmed and filed by her every 2 weeks or so for the rest of their lives.

There are two things i need advice with, please.  One is even though BG can
pick things up as thin as grass again now, he will still not eat hay (it's
Oxbow Timothy which he usually loves).  He probably hasn't had any now for
around 2 weeks.  All other foods (salad, cucumber, parlsey, honey dew melon,
spring greens etc and his dried food pellets, he is eating as normal.  Can
anyone suggest a reason he is avoiding the hay?

Also, he seems a bit low.  He doesn't like CCT or being handled and so I
wondered if that might be in part responsbile.  Has anyone any ideas for
perking him up?  Any special treats or fun things to intrigue him?  I know
that sounds a little daft, but I feel him being happy is all part of his
recovery, and he is usually a fabulously happy and bouncy pig.  I've tried
all sorts -- new tunnels, different foods, regular cuddles (while he rests
in his run) and even chatting to him.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Carole
BG and Artie