[Gpdd] Health: Ovarian cyst?

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Thu Feb 26 21:10:03 EST 2009

Hi All
 in a.  Just took our piggie, Blossum, to our vet as she has been loseing hair on her sides.  We suspect ovarien cyst.  The vet checked her over and did not feel any tumors, but decided to test for fungus and mites to rule those out.  She didn't know how to test for ovarian cyst.  I directed her to a couple of websites and also gave her Vedras e-mail.  From her research she recomends surgery, as she has not used HCG before so is unsure of that option.  Blossum is exhibiting some signs, the most obvious is the thinning hair and being a little bit more sexually active.  Should we do x-rays, I don't think any vet here has ultra sound.  Any info would be welcome

Michael, (Blossum, Baby Truffles, Sparkles, Snowy Bear, and Snoopy)