[Gpdd] Misc: Liz's Piggy Set Up

liz_kennedy at hotmail.com liz_kennedy at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 23:51:27 EST 2009

Thanks for the wonderful compliments Joanne!

The spare cage I have is about 6 inches lower than my C&C, so I just made a ramp out of extra cubes and connected the 2 cages with zip ties.  I basically have a rounded one going from the C&C and then connected to a flat one to go down into the spare cage, so it sort of looks like an upside down "J".  I put some rolled fleece on the bottom of both sides of the ramp to make it even easier to climb over.

At first no one used the loft or the ramp to the spare cage.  I was really afraid no one would ever use either, but eventually all but 2 pigs figured out how to easily use the ramp into the extra cage, and 5 piggies frequent the loft (though really Willa has claimed it for her own sanctuary).
Dot won't use either ramps, but I think she has some trouble seeing due to her cataracts (she's around 7), so I'm sure the heights make her a little uncomfortable.

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 19:55:11 -0800From: dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.comSubject: Misc: Liz's Piggy Set UpTo: gpdd at gpdd.orgCC: liz_kennedy at hotmail.com

Hi Liz!Thank you so much for the pictures of your set up.  I really appreciate you taking the time to post them. It's great!  It looks like your piggies have everything they could ever wish for!   I want to jump into that huge pile of hay myself!!! The idea of using the cage you already had is great...I have thought to do that myself, but somehow just wasn't sure how to do it.   How did you attach it to your existing C&C?  As for the loft, I think if I was one of your piggies, that's where you'd find me.  It is so cute and cozy!Lucky piggies!  I wish every pig could live in such luxury!Thanks again for the pictures.Joanne and her crew of 6
Happy 2009!