[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Triggers

Debbie Jones pals4pets at cheerful.com
Sat Jan 24 11:01:25 EST 2009

Jean and Andy and the now misfits 13 We were so sorry to hear that your
precious little boy, Triggers, had finally given up his brave fight and
headed for the Rainbow Bridge. We always feel terribly sorry that we can
never give advice to slaves who have poorly piggies, but the truth is
that we do not have access to decent vet care here ourselves, so never
have anything constructive to offer, though we do always remember our
poorly friends across the globe in our nightly prayers. We hoped against
hope that Triggers would come through this, though we have been around
long enough to know that only too often such tragic stories do not have
happy endings. Our furbabies put up such courageous battles for us, but
at the end of the day they are fragile, ephemeral creatures, and
sometimes the lure of that lush green meadow at The Bridge is just too
much for them to overcome. We have seen that final huge gasp and the jerk
- they are not pleasant to witness, but at least we can know that
afterwards the piggie has gone to a better place, where there is no more
suffering or pain and they are reunited with all those wonderful piggies
we all know that have gone before. Everyone here understands and shares
your pain. The heartbreak will never completely go away, but we hope it
will ease with time, and that you will gradually be able to dwell more
easily on your happy memories of Triggers than on the sad ones. Please
accept our heartfelt condolences, and know that we all wish you well at
this bitterest of times. Debbie and the 8 Dolly Mixtures

"We patronize them for their incompleteness,
for their tragic fate of having taken a form so far below ourselves.
And therein we err, and greatly err.
For the animal shall not be measured by man.
In a world older and more complete than ours
they move finished and complete, gifted
with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained,
living by voices we shall never hear.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings;
they are other nations, caught with ourselves
in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners
of the splendour and travail of the earth".
Henry Beston

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses