[Gpdd] HEALTH BG's breathing problems

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue Jul 14 18:01:39 EDT 2009

Carole,

With all the professional help that BG has received I am sure that someone has already suggested this but have you tried menthol crystals to help with his breathing?

My Cadbury is prone to snuffles, in only one nostril, but it can be severe enough to stop him being able to eat properly when it happens. Last time he suffered this, he had Sudafed, Nurofen and Bisolvon twice daily plus the menthol crystal as an inhalant. He also had Baytril dripped up his nostrils and the nasal passages massaged to clear the mucus. Luckily this does not upset his stomach.

I am sure that you know about this but the remedy is a piece broken from a crystal dissolved in very hot water in a small container. I use a baby food jar for this. Hold the jar right under piggy's nose and let him breathe in the vapour. I find it very strong but piggies seem to like it. This was suggested to me some time ago by our Rodentologists, whom I know that you have consulted.

I cannot offer any suggestions regarding an allergy.

Hugs for BG.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.