[Gpdd] Health: Bertie Pig is on Bactrim

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Thu Jun 11 10:18:47 EDT 2009

Hola Slaves!
Well, last wheeeek was a Total Blur for me. Bertie Pig
and his Sweetie got Engaged on Wednes (June 3), my
Divorce was Official on Thursday (June 4), and Princess
Snowflake and her Teddy's 1 Year Wedding Anniversary
was on Saturday (June 6). Wow! What a Wheeeeeeeek.
Well, Bertie Pig gave me a little bit of a scare last Thurs,
because I saw blood in their cage. But, I thought it was
coming from the Princess. Well, after observing, I noticed
that the blood was coming from Bertie. And it was strange
cuz when he pee'd, hardly anything would come out. So,
I was thinking that maybe there's a stone blocking his urine
or something. And urine will poison a body if it can't come out,
so I did an Emergency BBPH (Brownie Bear Power Hour)
and started syringing him as much water as he would take.
Slowly, but surely, the urine started to flow, and the 'red'
color got more and more faint. And eventually, there was
no more red, and his urine was clear and flowing...Whew!

I wanted to take him to the Vet on Friday, but I'm having
some car troubles so I wasn't able to get to the Vet until
this past Monday. Well, Dr. G did x-rays, did a urinalysis,
etc. etc. and luckily, there were NO Stones. Hallelujah!
But, I do believe that he passed 'something' last Thursday
because I think I felt a super tiny stone, but I'm not sure.
And I didn't save it because it was just tooo small. I feel
bad for not noticing that there was something wrong, but
Bertie has never shown any signs of discomfort while
peeing/pooping. And I thought he was drinking enough
water, but I have noticed in the past that his urine was
always a little cloudier than PS's.

After I did the BBPH on Bertie, it was so Sweet. Because
I could tell that he felt much, much Better. When whee have
laptime, it takes him a really long time to settle down, and
he won't really close his eyes all of the way. But, Bertie & I
Bonded last Thurs nite cuz after I started syringing him
water and his urine started to flow, I could just tell that he
felt sooo much Better. And at some point, he relaxed his
whole body in my lap and closed his eyes and took a nap.
I Melted. Wheee Finally had that moment. That's the moment
when you know that your Pig has Total and Complete TRUST
in you.

So, Dr. G could tell that there was some disruption 'down there'
even though the stone(s) was gone. So, as a precaution, he
put him on a round of Bactrim for 7 days. It's cherry-flavored
so Bertie doesn't mind it. And he's drinking more water now,
which is Great. And I'm syringing him more water, along with
the Princess just so I make sure they are both getting enough.
Bertie didn't want anypig knowing what happened because
he's Engaged now to Sweetie and he didn't want her to think
that he's a damaged pig. But, I explained to him that I'm sure
Sweetie would understand, so he's Okay now.

I hope that all sick and grieving Piggies and Slaves are doing
Okay. I mourn with you when I hear the sad news of our little ones
going to the Bridge and I am keeping you all in my Prayers.

Later today, I have to tell you all about how I had to Fire my
Pigsitter....Geeeeeez!

    Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeps,
Leah...Slave to Princess Snowflake & Bertie Pig :-)