[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE - two new additions

Andrew a1.mills at portset.net
Sun Jun 14 11:07:41 EDT 2009

Well, we got two new additions today.  Last week I was looking on a local breeder's website and saw she was looking for homes for some of her slightly older guinea pigs as she's cutting down her stock.  There were two I liked the sound of there so this weekend my aunt got in touch and went and picked them up for me this afternoon.  One is a big black, white and brown 18 month old teddy called Nelson and the other is an 11 month old tricolour dalmatian called Poppy.  They both seem really friendly, a bit nervous at the moment (not surprising as everything is new to them) but I think they'll settle really quickly.  Nelson is apparently really cuddly and likes nothing more than to sit with you and cuddle.  Unfortunately I can't post pictures as I'm registered blind but if you go to the for sale page on www.freewebs.com/tavycavies I expect their pictures will still be there.  On the site it says Poppy is rather small for her age but to be honest she doesn't feel particularly sma!
 ll to me, yes she's not as big as a lot of piggies but I've seen some who are a good bit smaller than her.  I'd say she's average sized at the moment.  So, our piggy numbers have increased again.  I think that will definitely be it now though, it's enough to look after.  I've set a definite limit of no more than 10 so would only be able to have one more now.