[Gpdd] Health - Old Age

elizabeth lakin elizabethlakin at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 15 08:33:21 EDT 2009

Hello piggy fans

I have been reading the posts about older age pigs as my Edna is starting to age (she is 5 next month).

A couple of months ago she had a few fits where she flipped on her back (it was horrible), however the CCT advised it was probably an internal parasite so I treated her for that (and the two babies as it must have come from the hay or outside) and she seems much better. However, she does seem a bit older, still loves food (no weight loss), but wheeks a bit less loudly and a bit less active. Is this normal for a sow of her age? I found the whole illness thing horrible and hated leaving her (I had time off work and got up through the night to check on her) and am dreading if she gets ill again.

I am just glad for everyday that I have with her, and hope that she is happy,

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Edna (senior), Badger and Weasel (junior)