[Gpdd] CARE I fired the pigsitter.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Jun 15 07:44:39 EDT 2009

What a horrible experience with your pigsitter, Leah. I was going to suggest that he be keel hauled by the little pirates but maybe Jaime's suggestion of walking the plank is better. Straight into shark infested waters.

It is so hard to find people who will care for piggies in the same manner as we do ourselves.

Years ago, the mother of one of my (human) boys' schoolfriends ran a boarding kennels and she used to care for all of my pets when we went away. We used several cars to take all the piggies and their pens to her establishment and set up the whole thing in her barn. She did not live far away but it took a long time to ferry every pig and their equipment there.

When the piggies were all settled in, we went back for my birds, my dog and any other animal that we might have had at the time. The birds stayed in her living room, my dog in the kennels and other small creatures went indoors.

She took wonderful care of every creature and was worth her weight in gold. I was so sad when she retired and moved away.

Now, my eldest son comes home to pigsit ( and anything else sit ) when we go away, for which I am extremely grateful. My Rodentologist boards piggies too so if I have one that needs extra treatment like syringe feeding, that piggy goes to stay with her. I'd take them all there to save my son from the task but they would take up so much room in her house that clients would not be able to get in the door.

I sometimes wonder if it is worth going away but my husband needs a break.

I hope that Bertie and the Princess are none the worse for their ordeal.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.