[Gpdd] VIRTUAL Pirate Adventure

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Jun 21 10:52:53 EDT 2009

Sapphire Piggyfriend here,

I am so glad that somepig thought of "borrowing" Kevin's Blackberry as we can keep in touch with everyone wherever we are. I have found lots of maps on it and a GPS so we should be good navigators.

So I can tell you all that we have collected Hershey and have arrived at Indian Key. Hershey is a lovely piggy and a credit to her slave who must be missing her very much. I'm not an expert at hairdressing as I have a short coat myself but Shadow, Augustus, Aubrey and Gingerbread will have to manage as best they can. It is a shame that, with the exception of Gingerbread, all our long haired piggies are boars. Oh well. Hershey's slave will be able to sort this out later.

Gulliver has said that, as I am in charge of Hershey, I can be spokespig for the Piggyfriends for this adventure and, even though I cannot manage the Piratespeak, I will try to keep everyone up to date with our adventures.

I have read Captain Jack's post about the pick up points and I am glad that we took our Slave's advice and picked Indian Key as it is a beautiful place to wait. We have camped out here and while we wait for the rest of the pirates to arrive, we are going to visit the John Pennekamp Coral Reef Park, where Slave says that you can ride ( sorry sail ) in a glass bottomed boat to see the fishes and turtles. Some of the boys fancy a bit of snorkelling but I think that Hershey and I will enjoy the boat ride more. There are beautiful beaches too so we may indulge in a little sunbathing.

We could not find cutlasses to bring but we have borrowed Slave's husband's flintlock pistol, which is much heavier than we thought and takes several boars to lift. It looks good though. We found a telescope so that we can look for enemy shipping, some spades so that we can dig for buried treaure and loads of food..We also have his Samurai dagger, which is not very piratical but we hope that it will do as we are only beginners at this pirating.

Kevin worked in the Carolinas a while back at Wadmalaw Island helping endangered fishes. I wonder if you are sailing nearby. We would like the chance to visit there at some time and see where he llived.

Gulliver is volunteering his services as ship's dentist. He often has to go to the Rodentologist to have his teeth clipped and reckons that he knows how it is done. ( Sure hope that he doesn't need to look at mine. )

We are sorry that Toby has an abscess. Crystal had one of those and had to stay in the hospital for quite a while as, everytime it was lanced and drained, it filled up again. If you can read this Toby, we wish you luck and hope to see you soon. I think that our Slave would advise yours to take you to the vet to have this done as it is a messy job and not for the fainthearted. Ths stuff inside is toxic and really nasty.

Our honorary Piggyfriend, Hershey, and the rest of our crew are ready for our outing to the Coral Reef Park so I will catch up with you later.

Sapphire,  temporary spokespig for the Piggyfriends.