[Gpdd] MISC: Snowy Bear, in my heart

ME me at buddies.org
Tue Jun 30 04:49:55 EDT 2009

Corrine, I do understand how you're feeling.  The vet should have
consulted you.  I hope that in your head, you know that what happened
is not your fault.  Snowy Bear was sick and you sought medical
attention, which was the right thing to do.

You do need to give time to let your emotions have a voice,
though ... and if blaming yourself is part of that, then everyone on
the GPDD telling you it isn't your fault doesn't give you comfort.
But in time, they will ... and I hope you're open to allowing
yourself to forgive yourself for what you think is your fault.

We all do the best we can in the situation.  Snowy Bear needed help
and you found someone you hoped would help.  The one you really
trusted said he couldn't, so you had to find someone else.  I don't
understand how she could have done what she did, but I have to wonder
if something went terribly wrong during the exploratory surgery that
she felt she had to cover up.  You would hope she would be truthful
about such things, but maybe she panicked.

Take the time to grieve and allow yourself time to feel the loss.
Allow yourself to be angry.  Know you're not alone.  And know in your
head that you are a good mom, even though you don't feel like one
right now.