[Gpdd] [Peter Gurney]Reminder - Candle Lighting March 9th

Audrey Binder agbmcmd at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 17:35:52 EST 2009

This is your friendly reminder that the "Annual Candle Lighting for Peter Gurney" will take place on March 9th, at 8:00 pm, in your particular time zone.  We want everyone to participate, and all you have to do is light a candle - a real one!  This is the GPDDers tribute to Peter Gurney, who died July 2006 of cancer, in Great Britain.  He was a tireless guinea pig advocate, who wrote many of the books on guinea pigs that we all use as our source of information.  Our first memorial took place when we learned of his death, and we have held this memorial each year, on March 9th (his birthday) to remember him.  It is also our way of remembering all the guinea pigs who have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge and are now with Mr. Gurney.

As we light candles in our respective time zones, the light will literally move around the world.  Afterwards, I will ask you to tell me your location, and I will post all of the places where a candle was lit.

We will also try to post a map (new this year) showing where candles were lit.  So, mark your calendars, and light a candle on the evening of March 9th.  I'll send our frequent reminders this week, to give everyone notice.  Hope we get lots of participation!

Audrey and Will, Slave and Co-Slave to Gordon
(Remembering Reese, at the Bridge)