[Gpdd] HEALTH: Blossom

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 04:34:02 EDT 2009

Hello everyone and everypig.  Well, after a week and a half, the vet's office finally returned our call.  The vet tech said that the HCG (we're looking into what we can do for Blossom--she's nearly four years old) would cost a thousand dollars for a small vial.  We're not sure if this is 'standard' but we're not sure what to do now.  Because they rarely have guinea pig patients, they don't like to order medications because they figure we'll be the only ones using/paying for it.  For instance, awhile ago, we had requested that they order BeneBac for us, and they said they would, but after three weeks, they told us that they couldn't order it because they'd have to order a big box of it and since we'd be the only ones buying it from them, they didn't want to order it.  So we had to search and search to find somewhere to order the BeneBac for ourselves.  Now, we're not sure on how to progress.  We forwarded the vet info on Lupron but she hasn't gotten back
 to us on that yet.  We will be forwarding info from Vedra regarding how to digitally palpitate for the ovarian cyst.  Does anybody know of any other treatments besides HCG, Lupron or surgery?  Thanks again for all your help.

Corrine & Michael