[Gpdd] [Rainbow bridge] <Suus and Guiny>

Janneke guinygirl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:59:30 EST 2009

Hi Gpdders,

My sister wrote a beautiful tribute yesterday, so I guess I finally have to
face the music and write my tribute to 2 of my favorite pigs ever. They do
deserve that.. I've been putting it off because not writing it down makes it
feel less real (I'm sort of on a holiday and Yaya and Igor are still at
mieke's house, so there's no empty space in a cage..)

Guiny..
When mieke decided to go to the czech republic, I agreed to look after Guiny
and Lotje for 6 months. I never had a guinea pig addiction before, but oh
boy, did these 2 girls get me addicted. I soon noticed guiny was quite
clever and I really enjoyed (as did she) ' inventing' new puzzles and games
for her (many of the games in Igor's PLAY's were invented for guiny;
http://www.guinygirlz.nl and yes.. that adress wat named after her; just
like my own gmailadress). Guiny also really enjoyed it when I was belly
dancing (she would put up her paws against the edge of the cage and watch me
with a smile), I think she thought that it was my way of popcorning and
running in circles. The funny thing was that she liked shakira's music the
best. I never knew pigs had musical preferences until then. What I loved
most about her was the big smile she could give me when she saw me (even
when mieke and the pigs moved to erwin's house she still remembered me). I
know she was not my pig but she sure felt like it.

Suus..
When guiny and lotje went back to mieke after her stay in the czech republic
(she returned shortly afterwards with her pigs) I felt really lonely without
guiny and lotje. I was going through a rough time back then, having broken
up with a rather abusive boyfriend a few months before and I was sometimes
so scared out of my brains when I heard sounds or whatever (before that I
just thought, aaw.. that's just guiny or lotje). Then one day a girl I knew
through my ex (and had become a friend) phoned me and told me she had a pig
for me. The little pig had siblings, but according to my friend, this pig
was so sweet, that she really wanted me to have her because she thought were
were meant to be together (suss = german for sweet; the friend was german;
i'm dutch).

I think she was right. Suus was my girl all the way. More than any of my
pigs ever were. In the beginning we were both so scared that we bonded very
strongly. Suus wasnt a cuddle pig, but when I felt bad she would wheek until
I would pick her up and she would put her nose firmly in my neck and lick
the tears away. Suus was always a very active, lively, vocal pig and lots of
fun. Maybe not cuddly, but she did enjoy human interaction a lot. She was
never sick. I would always call her 'hollands glory' which is an expression
in dutch to say that someone's very wholesome/healthy. I never expected her
to leave so soon, although i know she is 4 years old. She was just always so
healthy. I still cannot believe that she is gone, and to be honest, I dont
feel like that either (which is weird because when Jan the Boar died I cried
my eyes out) I guess that blow will come when I have Yaya and Igor back with
me... I don't know... I lost a little, yet significant part of me, she would
always comfort me, but she is not there anymore..

Janneke