[Gpdd] HEALTH: Puff's saga continues

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 8 00:39:35 EST 2009

Well, she does have several foreign bodies in her gut. The xrays were very clear (done, by the way, without anaesthesia). The foreign bodies are spread out, not clumped together, which is good, Droppings are still normal. The vet is nonetheless concerned. We're doing metacam, panacur, TMS, and simethecone, plus Critical Care. And prayers.

Puff didn't get home until around six o' clock and seemed completely out of it. We went and had dinner, and when we came back, she was out from hiding and was munching hay. She's talking to me again and has an occasional spring in her step. The pain meds might have something to do with that, plus the relief at being home again.

Dr. Sanchez said one way to help with her feeding is to soak her greens for an hour or so. It makes them absorb more fluid.

As an aside, she will be spaying a cougar tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have a less daunting task, to devise a different bedding--Care Fresh, I'm guessing (newspaper derived). I hate giving up her fleece bedding, but there's no telling when the little imp will start eating that as well. And no more comfy flannel sleeping sacks. That's really sad, but is a whole lot better than no more Puff.

I'll let you know how things go tomorrow.

I'm tired.

Joanie