[Gpdd] HEALTH Puff

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Nov 8 15:22:37 EST 2009

Well,  I use the Care Fresh house brand  from Kroger, works great, the only
thing is, like newspaper,Sammy thinks he has to taste it, his automatic
thought process goes something like this, "Mommy won't dare put anything in
here I wouldn't want to eat, therefore this must be food",  if it isn't food
I get the "look"  even if he has ordered me to his cage side to clean it,
(yes folks, he know how to communicate his every need, and woe be to me if I
dont get it right)  therefore I always put a few strands of hay in with the
first handful of fake carefresh. In the US, we too have only vegetable inks,
but I'm not sure of the shiny stuff, and it doesn't absorb water so it goes
immediately into the recycle bin. Last I heard Carefresh a totally
hypoallergenic product, its all white and quite a bit more expensive but
very much hypo allergenic, I hope they still make it.

I do use the little flannel squares doubled and sewed together with a
blanket stitch.and the whole thing fold over and stitched with the end open
to make it a tube, it goes under him in the pigloo. He doesn't eat flannel,
but it is stitched so that no raw edges are presented.

The cuddle cups or any thing else made with fake sheepskin, I dont use at
all as they are actually very abrasive and rough and I wont use them for
anything, not even slippers or people clothes. I believe it was once near
enough to him that he reached out to nibble it and that closed the deal on
it for me, I'm not sure at it's digestible, so I got rid of everything in
the house that has it.

As for human type house decorated, esp since we are entering the holiday
season, we must resist the urge to decorate piggy houses for the season,
even a number of seemingly natural berries are poison as well as Christmas
trees.
Best regards  Sandy