[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Liberty

ME me at buddies.org
Wed Nov 18 01:14:04 EST 2009

Ellen, Penny, Joanie, and Glynis,

Thanks for all the thoughts.

I feel it was a privilege to have the opportunity to care for her as
I did ... the hand feeding and all ... quite emotionally draining,
but I wouldn't trade the time we had for anything.  The only thing I
wish is that we would have more time ... and that I could have nursed
her back to health.  But unfortunately, that wasn't the way it was
meant to be.  It just makes me more grateful for the times that I am
given additional time after an illness.

They do pick up on your state of mind and feelings ... so I always
try to send the message that I'm not giving up on them.  Though, when
I know the end is soon, I try to let them know it's okay if they feel
they need to leave.

I do think I usually have good intuition and insight ... when to
delay vet visits and when to go in ... but I often second guess
myself and feel guilty ... but at least hind sight tells me I made
the right decision ... though I wish there was a treatment for an
enlarged heart.  I am glad that Liberty passed away quietly and
peacefully at home.