[Gpdd] [MISC] animal prayer

ellen garrison elmga at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 3 04:14:14 EDT 2009

Hi everyone and everypig,

I am sorry not to be up to date on the Gpdd. i will catch up when my job slows down.  I

will be making some vegan "cavy delight" gourmet guinea pig salads in a few minutes, and doing some piggie cage-cleaning, but wanted to send this nice poem/prayer by Albert Schweitzer, a prayer for animals.  As you can see, anyone who loves the animals will find it quite touching, and the beauty of it is it is a very good stream of thoughts...

>From Ellen an piggies 10

           A Prayer for Animals

Here our humble prayer, O God,

for our friends the animals,

Especially for animals who are suffering;

for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened

or hungry, for all that must be put to death.

We entreat for them all thy mercy and pity, and for those who deal with them

we ask a heart of compassion and gentle hands and kindly words.

Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals,

And so share the blessings of the Merciful.

~Albert Schweitzer