[Gpdd] MISC Get well soon Corrine

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Sep 23 17:31:29 EDT 2009

Corrine,

We are very sorry to read that you have been so unwell. What a terrible exprience for you and your family and we are sending our best wishes for your complete recovery.

I wish that I knew how to help regarding Snowy Bear. I do not anything about legal matters in the US and I am guessing that things differ from state to state. There must be some authority to whom complaints could be addressed. In England we have the CAB - Citizens' Advice Bureau - who could point you in the right direction. I wonder if there is a similar organisation in the US, to whom you could turn when you are well enough to cope.

Here, I think that I would start by contacting the BVA ( British Veterinary Association ).  One can also complain to the RCVS ( Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons ) and if a case is subsequently brought it is heard in public.

I'd write to my MP ( Member of Parliament ) - I don't know what the US equivalent would be. I'd write letters to anybody who would read and/or print them. Maybe the RSPCA could help. I have always been a campaginer for animal rights so the list of contacts in England is infinite.

I hope that, when you are well enough, someone in the US can steer you in the right direction.

I have just found this online which may be of help

http://www.aspca.org/about-us/faq/veterinarian-complaints.html

In the meantime, take it easy and get lots of rest.

Take care.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.