[Gpdd] HEALTH More about e.cuniculi + Holiday trip.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Sep 30 15:00:33 EDT 2009

I went to see my Rodentologists today as I am boarding Halloween with them while we are away on a trip. He is on diuretics for a heart condition and I decided that he would be safer with them in case he has a relapse. Don't worry about him being parted from the Piggyfriends. It is not like being at the vets as he will be living in their house and have lots of cuddles and treats as well as other piggies with whom to chat and an endless supply of cucumber.

One of my sons will be pigsitting the Piggyfriends. He is very good at this and has had years of practice but I thought that he would have enough to do with cleaning out all the pens and gathering food for the herd without worrying about Halloween or having to make a 45 minute dash for help if a problem arose.

When I was there I asked them what they knew about e.cuniculi. They only treat piggies ( thousands of them during the time that they have been open ) but had never come across a case that could be attributed to e.cuniculi. They said that when they were working at the CCT ( Guinea pig hospital in England ) e. cuniculi had been discussed and debated but no firm conclusions had been reached. Of course, many of their clients and those of the CCT only have piggies but there are some that keep buns as well. All clients are advised to keep Panacur or Valbazen meds up to date as well as Ivermectin and many take their piggies to have this done by them. They are going to do a little research for me and if there is anything to report, I will post it to the group at a later date.

In the meantime, good health to all of our piggies and their slaves.

Extra love and piggy kisses to Alge and to Isis and Donald, whom I hope is recovering and any other pigs or people who are under the weather.

See you again soon. Take care everyone.

Bye for now.

Penny and the Piggyfriends, who know how much I hate leaving them but my long suffering husband works very long hours and deserves a holiday. xxx wheek wheek xxx