[Gpdd] [Peter Gurney] Light That Went Around the World - 2010

Audrey Binder agbmcmd at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 15:05:00 EDT 2010

Dear GPDDers,
Below is the "Revised List" of the Annual Peter Gurney Candle-Light Memorial, held on March 9, 2010.  Candles were lit in 84 places and it is the best participation we have ever had!  William has developed several wonderful maps, but since they take up too much bandwidth to include as a post, the maps will be posted on the GPDD main webpage soon.

I have a request:  It would be really nice if the GPDD members who are in touch with family members of the people that we lit candles for could see the list and the maps (when they are available) of all the places where their loved ones were remembered.  So, if you are in touch with a family member of Peter Gurney, Alge, Debbie, Kirsten, and Joseph Petrillo, could you please forward this email and a link to the maps (when they are available), so that they will know that their loved one was remembered by so many on this special day.

I would like to thank William for doing the maps.  He purchased the software and stayed up very late into the night looking up the locations of every location given to us.

I would also like to thank Penny and Sandy for taking the initiative to post reminders about the Memorial when my home was buried in 4 feet of snow in February, and I had no way to send out posts.

I would also like to thank Beki for letting people from the Guinea Pig Forum know about the Memorial.  She was great about letting us know who participated, and the listing from the UK is now really impressive.  Also a thanks to new member Rickie who got a lot of family members and friends to participate, including our first candle in South America.  And of course, a thanks to the GPDD administrators who will be posting the maps and list on the GPDD webpage.

Here is the 2010 Peter Gurney Light That Went Around the World:

Europe

Kristiansand, Norway
Berlin, Germany
Northern France
the Hague, the Netherlands
Haarlem, the Netherlands

United Kingdom

Birmingham, England
Camberley, Surrey, England
Chersterfield, England
Colchester, England
Derby, England
Dublin, Ireland
Eastbourne, England
Essex, England
Glasgow, Scotland
Huddersfield, England
Kent, England
Liss, Hampshire, Southern England
Liverpool, England
London, England
Lower Dicker, East Sussex, England
Newcastle, England
Nottingham, England
Scampton, England
Scunthorpe, England
South East, England
Southampton, Hampshire, Southern England
Stoke On Trent, England
Warrington, England
West Yorkshire, England

Canada