[Gpdd] [Virtual] Cocoa Puff Log Earthdate 040910 -- 1300 hours

scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com
Sat Apr 10 11:07:31 EDT 2010

Cocoa Puff Log, Earthdate 040910 – 1300 hours

My crew and I departed for the Party of the Century today. We are eager to meet all of the other piggies. This is our first voyage.

I procured a helium balloon shaped like a dolphin from our local Publix grocery store and attached it to an attractive blue Easter basket that the female primate who feeds us had stored in a closet.  I created a motor from parts from a fan that I found and various items from the male primate’s tool room.  Accompanying me on this voyage are:

1.Birthday Boy Puffy, who is enjoying turning one year old and is still trying to get additional carrots to commemorate this accomplishment.

2. Baby DJ, who is very happy to be out of quarantine. The vet said he had a fun guy.  He does seem to be a fun guy, but I don’t understand why that meant that he had to be separated from us for so long…but then I guess the primates kept me away from my Puffy for a month before we could meet too.  Primates are strange.

3. Chakalaka.  Special accommodations had to be made for Chakalaka. We strapped a metal bicycle basket that we found in the primate’s garage to the bottom of our Easter Basket Balloon so that Chakalaka could ride alone.  He is six months old, nearly three pounds, and has very limited social skills.  We didn’t want to fight with him on the way to the party, so we felt that this was our best option.

Donovan chose not to accompany us. He said something unrepeatable about not going with Chakalaka to the party. He had to live with Chakalaka for two months, and he said that that was all the time that he would spend with him.  He is looking forward to the peace and quiet.

The ladies Ghirardelli and Twinkie decided to stay home and keep Donovan company. Twinkie has not been well this week, so she thought it would be better to rest and recover. Ghirardelli has been so kind to Twinkie during her illness. She accompanied her to that scary vet place and sat next to Twinkie while she was unwell. It appears that Twinkie is feeling better now.  She has gone back to chasing Ghirardelli away when she tries to sit next to her.  Sows are strange!

We have loaded up many treats that the primates prepared for the Birthday Piggies:  Velvet, Onyx, Spooky; and Woopy.  We’ve brought presents for Joanie’s Baby Puff too, but we don’t know how she can be celebrating a birthday yet because she joined our community around the time we lost our leader Dillon, which was about six months ago.

Baby Puff sounds like a very special piggie and we look forward to meeting her.  She and Puffy have a lot in common besides their names. She’s an orange and white abby and Puffy is a white and orange abby with enough Peruvian mixed in so that he has a beautiful rooster tail. The female primate keeps threatening to trim it, but the male primate wants her to leave it alone.  Puffy has no opinion on the subject.  I like it the way it is. I think he’s very handsome.

We tricked Chakalaka into entering the basket by tossing one of Lady Twinkie’s handkerchief into the basket and telling him that she was in there waiting for him.  He rushed in, and Puffy and I tilted the basket upward to secure it to the bottom of the Easter Basket.

We finished loading up the supplies while Chakalaka chewed on the bars of the bicycle basket and tried to find a way out.  He was very upset and wanted to ride in the upper deck with the rest of us, but we assured him that he would be more comfortable by himself below and that we would toss him a carrot or two along the way.  He found the salad that we had packed for him and happily started to devour it.

After Puffy and I loaded Baby DJ into the basket, Puffy and I jumped into the basket. We were off to my old home Orlando and adventure!