[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR (SINGING)

grace ramp gracetheface at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 15:23:19 EDT 2010

I have 4 guinea pigs now.  One mother with her two babies, who are now 3 years old and one that I adopted last year who just turned one.  I had three other girls too but only one out of all of them sings.  It is the oddest thing.  Babe, one of the group of three I adopted about three years ago chirps when my brother and his wife visit.  She did it once when she was alone with me, but she has done it several times while they were visiting.  Usually my apartment is very quiet so I thought maybe it was the extra activity going one.  She is the most vocal of all my pigs so I thought it was her the first time I heard it.  She waits until it is very dark and quiet and then she will chirp for about 20 minutes non-stop.  None of the other girls join in.  Just her.  Very strange, but very beautiful.
Grace, Gus, Rusty, Babe the Diva and Peanut (with Oreo, Porkster and Sugar at the Bridge)