[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Hello after a long time

rmalsberg at comcast.net rmalsberg at comcast.net
Wed Aug 18 12:34:28 EDT 2010

Hello Everyone and Everypig -

It's been a long, long time.  No excuses or stories - just here I am to say hello again.  I have read GPDD every day.

Very sorry to read about many departed piggy darlings.  We try to keep them as long as we can, but it's our life.  I still think it is better to love a piggy and lose him/her than never to love a piggy at all.  Think of the joy that you would miss.

In our house, Carmen piggy is now 6 years old.  She has given us some scares this year.  She sometimes will sit quietly, not eating, for a day or two.  Each time, we think, oh, she is getting ready to check out for sure.  But each time she recovers and is normal again soon.

This time I don't know.  She sat for four days without drinking (which she used to love doing) and barely eating unless I practically forced a cucumber in her face (imagine having to force a piggy to eat CUCUMBER!!!).  But now she seems to be normal, except not moving very much, and eating just a little.  But she appears to have her personality back.

This morning I gave her a lukewarm water bath and cuddled her to dry her a little.  She is now investigating her food dish (!!!) and eating hay.

I know we won't have her forever, or maybe not even much longer, but it is cheering to see her look and behave much more like her old self.

Best wishes to all, and hope and comfort to those who have known the pain of loss.

Wheeks,

Rayna, Carmen and Shakira
Taffy, Sundae and Tosca in our hearts