[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Molly Flanders

Elisabeth Haithcock ellie.cabbit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 21:24:18 EST 2010

My precious Molly crossed the Bridge tonight, taking a chunk of my soul with
her. She turned seven just a couple months ago, and up until this afternoon
still had the world by the tail. Feisty and headstrong, she ruled over all.
Treats came on -her- schedule according to -her- preferences or she'd give
me 'the butt'... turning herself away and hitching up her rear end at me.
She was my queen bee and knew it.

She died in my arms tonight, from what the vet said looked like a heart
attack. The vet noted that she was just a tiny tad underweight and quite
old, and shook her head sadly. She's bundled up in her favorite towel...
tomorrow morning I'll take her remains up to Heavenly Days in Urbana and see
to my final duties. I feel cold inside, like someone's emptied me and left
me all alone. Winkie, Pumpkin and Bennett are all out of sorts and upset,
Winkie easily as upset as I am. Although they weren't cage mates (both were
too old to be spayed/neutered by the time I had space big enough for them),
they'd sat side by side for years, and he's angry/upset that 'his woman' is
MIA. They used to sit for hours nose to nose through the bars, sometimes
even passing treats back and forth. Molly never shared her blueberries,
though anything else was workable.

I'm babbling. I'm sorry. I miss my baby girl so badly. I'm going to go curl
up and cry now.

~Ellie, Winkerton, Bennett and Pumpkin
~Remembering Olli, Kweepie, Gus, Vickie and Molly.

--
I saw what I saw when I saw it, but I'm not sure I saw what I think I saw
when I thought I saw what I saw when I saw it... see?