[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge - Edna

elizabeth lakin elizabethlakin at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 4 15:04:34 EST 2010

Hello all,

This is the post I have been dreading - I have just had to help my beloved Edna (agent aerial) to the bridge, the last one of my original trio.

She had been so strong I was hoping she would go on forever but it was not to be, she was six and a half.

She was fine on Wednesday evening, but on Thursday morning would not eat anything (for the first time ever) and was looking all hunched up and miserable. She was still eating and pooping and eating some hay so I was optimistic but by today was no better so I took her to the vets. Kidney problems were felt so she was given pain meds, antibiotics and fluids but went downhill this afternoon. There seemed to be no hope so we decided to help her cross the bridge, I feel so bad.

She was a truly great pig and taught me so much about her species. When she was young she was so fiesty and always got her own way, she quickly learnt I would give her anything if she just wheeked. As she got older she became more gentler (but still stomped around) and we really bonded.

I miss her so much and cannot believe she is gone, she was larger than life and the house feels much quieter.

She is succeeded by the Weasel and Amelia Biscuit, we will help each
other through the next few days.

Love to all piggies,

Elizabeth
Weasel and Amelia Biscuit