[Gpdd] Re Gpdd: (HEALTH) [Are cavies systems acidic?--I am confused]

Ellen Garrison lola.garrison at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 05:51:28 EST 2010

Hi there
here I go again with another question!!!

The exotic vet told me that piggies systems are very acidic.

I thought I heard on here that they are more alkaline.  Anyone know?

Another question:

I heard that calcium ascorbate is something to watch out for--to use
minimally --in cavies.  I forgot where I heard this and perhaps now I have
it all mixed up.

I thank Ann of Piggyville in Florida for your expertise in finding out about
all that works for alleviating stones and preventing stones. I understand
that calcium carbonate in the water supply is maybe the main way cavies can
develop urinary stones.  I have started using Penta water mixed half-half
with distilled water.  Costly, but I am looking for a formulation of .04 mg.
calcium per liter of purified water.  Apologies, I will read up with the
piggies about what I am behind with, on the Gpdd.
Thank you everbody and hope sincerely you are all well and piggies too.
Ciao,
Ellen and some very smart piggies