[Gpdd] Update re Alge and her pigs

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Fri Feb 19 02:31:25 EST 2010

I am hoping I have in no way under stated how sick our dear Alge is, it is
honestly a day to day thing, and although I held out hope, that is probably
wishful thinking, now a week old shared at the time with Beth, reality
sinking in. I haven't talked to Beth since, but Glynis did and it wasn't
very hopeful, So if you are waiting for any reason to send a card or email,
I really think you shouldn't. I have heard that she is in the unit at St.
Ann's called palliative care unit. which sounds essentially like hospice, a
hospice is a final place, where at the time of placement there is nothing
more medically that can be done. Miracles do happen, if you pray, pray now.
I cant find any words to say it better, even if she were to beat the
pneumonia her lung and cancer situations cant have gotten better, the lungs
have to be worse, so her quality of life even that she struggled for before,
is, I think, beyond her now. I'm trying to say this in a way that allows
everyone to interpret with their own personal beliefs, not to insert mine.

On a better note one of us has found the person arranging the rescue of
Capt. Jack and B Bill. She is belongs to a gpig rescue/ transport group
called
gpig_transport · Guinea Pig Rescue Transport,   a yahoo group anyone can
join just like GPDD, their purpose is simply to get rescue pig to the place
they are being rescued to, and we all may need to help this happen, its a
long way to Florida and this is one trip that cant be made on the Black
Pearl. So as this develops I will keep you all in the loop. Maybe I will get
to talk to Beth again over the weekend or maybe she and Katherine will stay
closer to Alge on their days off  with another sister, but that's a guess.
If you all hear anything please let me know too.

I have rec'd email from 5 countries, is that not amazing? Any one in life
cant do much better than to belong to a group like us, that is to have
friends who care, love, and share interests, and I wish / hope everyone
could, it sure would make a better world.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")