[Gpdd] [CARE] Advice on caring for a long haired male

ME me at buddies.org
Thu Jan 14 00:17:26 EST 2010

I'm glad you've found some fuzzies to love.

I haven't had any boys since my childhood ... not because I don't
like them, but because I used to have single pigs.  Then I decided
that since I was working and out of the house most of the day, I
should get a friend for my pig.  She was a girl, so I got another
girl ... then I figured three wouldn't be any more work than two ...
and it kept going on that way.  Now that I always have at least four,
all in the same enclosure, all girls, whenever I add to the herd, I
get girls.

As for long hairs ... Liberty was a Peruvian and Grace is a Silkie.
I layer cut their hair ... about an inch long around their whole
body ... about 1/4 inch near their bottoms ... about every 2-3
months.  Last month was the first time I just cut Grace's hair ... I
really missed not cutting Liberty's for the first time ... I always
cut Grace's hair first, my calm piggie who just sat during her hair
cut ... then it was Liberty's turn, always turning around and making
it difficult to make a straight cut ... she always ended up with an
interesting look afterwards.