[Gpdd] [CARE] Advice on caring for a long haired male

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Wed Jan 13 20:16:43 EST 2010

I adore boars and Peruvians best. To make hair car easy I keep it clipped
around the sides to just above floor level and I cut the bottom back hair to
follow the body contour to about half way up the butt and then cut the long
rear top level again just above butt level hugging the virtually shaved
bottom. If they have a long mustache I clip it above floor level too.

I found my Peruvians all turned into active jumpers, players, and pop after
I started cutting their forelock into a straight punkish flat top. To
explain I would comb the forelock straight up and cut it straight across
from front to back so that it stood straight up, but it's not short or a
scalping. A teenager would call it a Mohawk and it's extremely cute. Once
they could see the world around them they became the clowns of the whole
outfit. The haircuts men they are cleaner all the time and happier as they
can move around freely and never get the nasty mats that can otherwise
plague their coif.

As for the less pleasant aspect of "slot care" and penis cleaning, the
latter has to be done about weekly, I put a food grade oil on my fingers and
use it as a lubricant to extend penis fully. Then just use the oil as the
cleaner, no need to remove if all id well, if there is debris use a cloth or
under water or something that wont leave lint and make matters worse.
Caution,  at the very end there is a mostly see through cartilaginous
"extrusion" or last link that looks as though it has a hook on the end. This
is very difficult to see and its sometime mistaken for something that needs
to be extruded or even removed, DON'T  it's part of the standard equipment.
For both jobs down south dont use stuff that tastes bad like mineral oil  or
alcohol jell, we dont want to make the pig not wish to snatch his or her
cecals from the anus, as this is a critical part of their nutrition.

For the slot job the there are 2 critical pieces of knowledge. One: The
amount and timing of loss of muscle strength seems to be partly hereditary,
also it makes me think that a boar with plenty  of floor time will have the
advantage, heredity can be slightly improved by improved environment.
Second: The muscle strength and possibly the amount of rumblestruting the
boar does will affect how much junk he picks up in his trunk. In this
respect the neutered boar may have an advantage since he does much less butt
dragging and the size of the cleft is diminished.

the actual slot cleaning can be done 2 ways or a combo of both. For the
queasy I might recommend doing it in his bath, which obviously would be more
frequent if you choose this method. If you have short nails you can use the
very cheap doctors glove on one hand and  after he is wetted and shampooed
but not rinsed just run the gloved finger through the slot a couple times
depositing the removed gunk in a very near plastic bag, as its very SMELLY.
Then finish the shampoo including soaping the slot area, drain the water in
case trunk junk has gotten into the water. Rinse the pig, repeat if needed,
remove and dry to a fluffy cuteness guaranteed to mend a broken heart. .

The way I do it is to use the food grade oil and Q-tips to clean it,
sometimes followed by a bath. The Q-tips being very stinky are dropped into
a waiting plastic bag, recycled from the grocery store.

I find true impactions very rare, but they do pick up everything but the
kitchen sink in there and there it ferments. That's what you will normally
be cleaning not a true impaction even in the older guys. But if you let it
set without care then it can sneak up on you. Also a boar who is normally
clean or cleaner down their and is suddenly impacted should have his entire
health evaluated. An impaction might be caused by a sudden illness where the
boar  has stopped eating his cecals, or he may have gotten too fat to reach
them. Dont be afraid of a boar because of this detail, just add pellets,
love and enjoy. Remember the good times,  Sandy and her boar Sammy (an
American Pirate and proud of it)