[Gpdd] re Gpdd (Care) (Mimi sounds scared)

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Fri Jul 9 16:54:56 EDT 2010

Hi Ellen  I agree with your advice about Mimi. It is extremely dangerous to
take piggies or other furry creatures out in high temperatures, esp when
older and or ill when they are unused to it. Every effort should be made for
Mimi to made comfy at home, and possibly her mom could take in any samples
needed, urine is easy, poo, whatever can be taught.  If it becomes critical
then a very early appointment might be arranged.
Maybe the cold water bottle could be hidden in a familiar towel or
similar.Maybe there is a cooler place in the house, if nothing else down
near the floor.

This caution applies to older people who are in poor health and they are an
example of how heat can effect our little pets.  My dear mother in law was
very uncomfortable in the hot summer 100 deg F and up temps in Sacramento
Calif. so I  arranged for an additional air conditioner to be added as she
had moved to the spare room to sleep, and I sent a Honeywell Envirocare Hepa
air cleaner as she had developed asthma as is common in older people in
otherwise poor health. My father in law fell in love with it and took it for
himself so I sent another. I asked her to not go out in the hottest weather
but she had a young and untrained caretaker who insisted that grandma take
her to the bank one hot summer day after grandpa had gone on ahead to the
bridge. Grandma died suddenly 6 blocks from home. So the caution is for all
as extreme weather is a killer of people and animals. I think grandma had an
extra 2 or 3 years of comfortable life with us here in this existence and I
know she enjoyed herself very much, she was careful to watch the temps.
though. i hope Mimi does well.
best regards  Sandy and Sammy