[Gpdd] Care: Traveling With Piggies

Dawnda Browning dawndabrowning at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 11 22:21:38 EDT 2010

Hi Joanie

For long trips, I have a large pet taxi that I put her in with Critter Care on the bottom and a thick towel on top. I put her hay and some pellets in too. I give her water before I leave because she is not a big water drinker and I want to keep her hydrated. I give her wet lettuce,cuccumber and bell peppers too. I take a bigger cage with all her supplies to set up after I get there. It is usually a large long plastic container from Wal-mart. For one that likes water, I stop several times and let them drink along the way.  It all leaks out if you set it up in a cage.

For shorter trips like this time. I just use a guinea pig cage that they sell in pet shops that is too little for one to stay in all the time. I can fit her igloo in it so she is OK.  She loves her igloo!!! I use Critter Care and towels in that one too. I have a bag of clean towels, dirty towels, and other supplies. I almost bring more for her than myself.

I keep her regular cage at home cleaned up so I can just put her in it as soon I walk in. She always purrs to be back in her normal cage.

Dawnda Browning