[Gpdd] Behavior: Advice on piggie introductions

dukejan1 at aol.com dukejan1 at aol.com
Sat Jun 5 21:06:42 EDT 2010

Hello all,
We still miss Lily terribly and always will, but Isabel and Luke seem to be adjusting pretty well since Lily 's departure for the Bridge.  I'm thinking that the time has come to find a spayed female who would be a companion to both of them (Isabel is not spayed and Luke is not neutered. Isabel doesn't much care for him anyhow).  I'm not worried about how Luke will get along since he is only 2 1/2 years old, but does anyone have any thoughts or experience with introducing a pig of Isabel's age (age 6 years, 10 mos) to another pig?  Also, I wonder how Izzy might interact at the local rescue's meet-up since she never played with any other pig but Lily.

Any thoughts or advice on making this transition will be most welcome and appreciated!

Janet, Isabel, and Luke (remembering our Lily at the Bridge)