[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Velvet's Eye - Cataract

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Thu Jun 17 23:43:02 EDT 2010

Went to the vets yesterday, Jacinta did a thorough check on her eye, she
used the dye as well.  Sadly it seems she has a cataract :o(

I'm giving her 2 drops of metacam at night, i put this on a small spoon
with a teeny bit of water and suck it up into a 1ml syringe and then
Velvet grabs the syringe to suck on it!  She is so good, i have recently
been teaching them both about syringes in case whee might need them, i
didn't think it would be so soon tho :o(   She is also having saline
drops in her eye nightly too as a lubricant.

She was also very well behaved at the vets, she was weighed and then sat
their beautifully whilst Jacinta checked her out.  Velvet then looked up
and reached out to me so i gently tipped the bowl of the scales over and
she slid out and jumped into her cage and then SIGHHHHH yes she was
desperate poor girl, neither of my girls like peeing on me or anywhere
other than their cages!  (sometimes they'll pee upstairs at playtime on
their towels but not often)

Jacinta doesn't want me to use an antibiotic eye drop at this stage in
case it's something else .............. as i'll be gone from my desk
till monday if anyone has comments or suggestions could you put them on
GPDD and i'll read them over the weekend at home, i wont be able to
answer tho as my account is from work only, thankyou xxxxxxxxxxxx

Onyx was a little darling and kept Velvet company.  They were spoilt
with cuddles from Jacinta and Traci and even got some treats from them.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend,

Love
Glynis, Velvet and Onyx (in mem Sully and Duke) xxxx